- This event has passed.
2019 Valentine’s Day Event
February 9 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Use Promo Code:
$10.00 off all races online online with the acceptation of the 5k walk/run (no chip timing). Register online at Active.com for the 2019 RSG1 9th Annual Valentine’s Day Race.
This code expires 2/5/2019 at midnight
Have you ever thought to yourself, “I’d love to find away to support people in the community suffering from terminal illnesses?”
Here is your chance! Join us on Saturday, February 9, 2019 at the North Park Boathouse for the 9th Annual Valentine’s Day event. This event has raised necessary funds to provide gifts of service to local people suffering from malignant brain tumors and cancer through the Celebrate Life Campaign. This has only been possible because of the support of people like YOU!
- Shirts will be given to those who register online. (A limited number of shirts will be available for same day registration.)
- Post race events include medals-awards for top finishers, and raffles.
- Thanks to Eat’n Park for another year of sponsorship! Runner’s will be treated to Valentine’s Day Smiley Cookies! 🙂
This year’s events will depart from the North Park Boat House. The 5K will depart from the Boathouse parking lot, traveling left onto Walter, to Lake Shore and turnaround at Kulich Grove.
The 10K will loop the lake. It will depart from the Boathouse parking lot and loop right onto Walter, then Pearce Mill Road before following the lake in a clockwise direction. The 10K will have a slight elevation. Both courses embody the beauty and picturesque views of North Park Lake.
Registration can be found on Active.com.
ALL EVENTS WILL START ON-TIME: (All events will begin from the Boathouse parking lot in North Park.)
- 1 Mile Dash Start Time – 8:40 am (All participants must be able to complete this event within 20 minutes.)
- 5K Start Time – 9:00 am (Boat House Parking Lot)
- 10K Start Time – 10:00 am (Boat House Parking Lot)
- Packet Pick Up and Same Day Registration will both be at the North Park Boathouse (upstairs) beginning at 7:30 am.
- Post Race Party: TBA
- Chip Timing by: Runner’s High
Sponsorship Packages will be available. If you are interested in becoming a vendor at this event, please email email@example.com for details.
Baby joggers or strollers: If you choose to run with a baby jogger, please seed yourself toward the back of the start line. It is your responsibility to make sure the baby jogger does not impede other runners, and you must take extra precaution to ensure your safety, your child’s safety and the safety of the runners around you.
Pets: Pets are not allowed on the course. This is to ensure runner safety and comply with liability insurance policies.